A Raw food vegan lifestyle can be accomplished even if you are on a budget. It can be expensive if you try to maintain a raw life that focuses on gourmet food prep. Food prep which includes such thing as as calorie-dense pies, cakes, and treats, which many unconsciously indulge in. To be successful with the transition to a raw vegan life on a budget, you have to identify the purpose of your transition and your health goals.
Purpose driven change
Consider recreating yourself by looking at the solutions and lifestyle that are suitable for your circumference. Let this drive your focus. Nia is purpose, it is a necessary part of your success. First identify what level of raw food life style is for you; high raw, 50%, or 100%. Next consider how to include raw foods. TrY raw foods for three days out of the week, and then four days of cooked food. This method however, may prove to be a slower way to achieve your health goals. These goals and considerations will drive many of the decisions you make about what to purchase, prepare, and eat.
On a budget, you want to identify the top 3-5 ( depending on budget) superfood supplements that you are willing to pay for no matter what. Take advantage of in-store sales, holiday sales from websites such as Sunfoods.com, vitacosts, Mountain Rose Herbs, and even Amazon. However also consider local NYC stores such as Ujamma Health food stores, Sacred Vibes Apothecary of Brooklyn and Zola’s Original Herbal Remedies of Queens.
- You strategically buy fruits and vegetables in season from large scale farmers markets or fresh local markets. You save lots of money by buying fresh local produce and can also score affordable organic produce. Or you can join a food coop or CSA near you. ( https://www.ams.usda.gov/local-food-directories/farmersmarkets)
- Purchasing from local farmers’ markets provides several advantages; access to locally grown and less expensive produce of high nutritional value and quality. Farmers’ markets carry local produce with a short travel time from farm to table. Shorter travel time means produce is picked at its ripest.
- Consider coupling your local purchases with fresh food delivery. Look for companies that pride themselves on reducing food waste. They provide access to fresh organic produce that may be ugly or unfit in appearance fro the regular market. (Blog.misfitmarket.com)
- Plan your meals to ensure that you buy greens that you use throughout the week in a variety of different dishes with different flavors. The key is to plan with variety in mind. Several meal planner apps are available to support your journey choose one and stick with it.
- Use high-quality produce because those have high nutrient content. These provide the body with more enzymes and nutrients therefore you will find yourself eating less.
- Nuts and seeds can be costly. However, sunflower seeds are highly nutritious and are also lower in fat content than most nuts and seeds. It is important to soak them to ensure full digestibility and assimilation by the body. Sprout nuts and seeds because the nutrient content increases. They are versatile and can be used for sauces, pate, burgers, spreads, etc.
- Use herbal infusions to supplement – many root herbs are rich in minerals and support the body system on a cellular level
We will be adding more tips on nuts, seeds and sprouting. If you cannot find details that you wish to know, please leave a responsible comment.