In this episode our guest Robin Wong explores 5 Ways to Overcome Type 2 Diabetes. We know you will enjoy this “healthful”, informative, and mind-expanding episode. We are starting off the Month of May with excitement around the topics that mean the most to you and your family. Sovereign Eats is your resource for the royal way to wellness and good food, we thought it fitting to tackle the basics of diabetes. Diabetes is one of the most rampant diseases amongst people of all ages.
Those who are most at risk are exposed to the following possible effects:
- Heart Disease
- Premature death
- Kidney failure
- Cognitive decline
- Cognitive impairment which can develop into dementia
- Blood sugar levels is directly connected to shorter lifespan, with higher risks
In this episode we get to the core of the issue by addressing the following areas during this spirited dialogue that probably deserves a part two.
Here is what we cover:
- “Healthful” terms explained
- Some of the misunderstandings about Type 2 Diabetes
- Robin’s system helps to control the disease using nutrition and health management. Some medications function in different ways. For example, one widely used drug reduces the amount of glucose produced in the liver, yet it also makes muscle tissue absorb more glucose. Meanwhile, another popular one increases the amount of insulin produced by the pancreas. Robin explains in detail how her health management works to the benefit of those who suffer from type 2.
- The current media portrayal of diabetes as a ‘disease of fat people’ and its stigmatizing affect
After good strong dialogue, we can conclude that the 5 Ways to Overcome Type 2 Diabetes are simpler than you think. These are outlined as mindset, reducing fat content by changing the source of fat because the caloric density of animal based foods affects insulin receptors, shifting to a plant based lifestyle, paying attention to the types of vegan or plant based foods consumed and knowing that exercise isn’t the only factor when controlling type 2 diabetes.
Please explore some of the awesome tools and resources which Robin has provided for you all:
Here is a live workshop that she offers https://page.nutritionwithrobinrdn.com/live-training, The 3 Ways To Master Blood Sugars Without Dieting, Fasting, Exercising, Or Even Meds
Robin also shared a delicious 3 meal guide.
Download 3 Breakfasts to Lower Blood Sugar:
Interested in more information?
Let’s chat about how I can help you! Schedule a FREE breakthrough call with me: